Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Loads of Personality!

I survived a week back in the Philadelphia area babysitting my two little nieces.  They are beautiful little girls with an incredible level of intelligence and personality.  I really enjoyed spending time with them and getting to know them a little better.
For someone who doesn't have any children it was somewhat of a culture shock being on duty 24-7 with them.  I had great intentions to get some work done while I was there and was also hoping to get some beautiful photos of the spring colors and green grass.
I was able to take some shots but only got a couple of scenery photos.  The girls gave me lots of opportunity to capture their little personalities on my camera!
One Saturday I was a "soccer aunt" driving from one game to another.  Not sure how moms do that week after week!
I've got tons of stories of being with them for only a week but one of my favorites was as we were driving to a soccer practice the five year old expressed her opinion about soccer.  "I don't want to go to soccer practice, it's stupid!  All you do is run around and kick a ball, it's just stupid!"  Another favorite is on my last day the older one came into the kitchen and gave me a big hug and said, "Aunt Laura, I am so glad you came!"  :-)
I think it's pretty obvious from the photos which one thinks soccer is "stupid"!

1 comment:

  1. OK, I LOVE your new opening photo! Fabulous!!
    And, what cute little girls!!'
    And, welcome home. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete